LiDARLiDAR (Light Detection and Ranging) is a remote sensing method that uses light in the form of a pulsed laser to measure ranges to a target area. These light pulses combined with Orientation and GNSS position information generate precise, 3 dimensional information about the shape and the location of the target.
We utilise the Routescene UAV LidarPod which comprises of sensor containing 32 lasers together with a survey grade GNSS/INS unit, firmware and software to create high definition terrain models.
LidarPod SpecificationsA true 3D mobile LiDAR scanner that delivers unsurpassed image resolution.
The HDL-32e collects 700,000 3D points per second.
- 32 laser sensors / detector pairs
- Class I eye safe
- 905 nm wavelength
- Time of flight distance measurement with intensity
- 700,000 3D points per second
Maximum range: 100 m with range accuracy of < 20 mm
10 Hz frame rate (user selectable)
Field of View: 360° vertical and 41° horizontal
Angular resolution (vertical): 1.33°
Shock: 500 m/sec2 amplitude, 11 msec duration
Environmental Protection: IP67
Vulcan Raven X8
- Dji A3 Flight controller with Light Bridge 2
- 3 x 8500mah batteries giving endurance circa 20 mins
- Operational weight 20 kg (with LiDAR payload)
- Parachute system
- 8 x high voltage KDE motors and carbon fibre 27.5 inch
DJI INSPIRE 1 Pro
- Zenmuse X5 Camera
- 4 k Video
- 16mp DNG RAW
- Dual operator system
- TB47 Batteries giving endurance circa 15 mins
DJI PHANTOM 4
- 4k Video at 30 fps full HD 1080p at 120fps
- Obstacle detection
- Intelligent flight battery giving up to 28 mins endurance